Bighorn Meadows Blog
Radium Hot Springs
If you are staying with us this winter, bring your skates and try out the new skating rink! The Lake Windermere Whiteway is also open and offers a 15km cleared skating path around the lake. You can access the skating path at Kinsmen Beach or at Windermere Beach.
This is one of our guests, Ale from Venezuela, testing out the new rink. Looks like she was having a great time and she had some amazing moves!
Let the skiing begin! Panorama Mountain Village opens this Friday, December 6th!
1 Bedroom Ski & Soak Package from $99/person/night*:
- 2 nights in a spacious 1 bedroom suite
- 2 adult lift tickets to Panorama
- 2 adult passes to the Radium Hot Springs mineral pools
2 Bedroom Ski & Soak Package from $95/person/night*:
- 2 nights in a spacious 2 bedroom suite
- 4 adult lift tickets to Panorama
- 4 adult passes to the Radium Hot Springs mineral pools
3 Bedroom Ski & Soak Package from $89/person/night*:
- 2 nights in a spacious 3 bedroom suite
- 6 adult lift tickets to Panorama
- 6 adult passes to the Radium Hot Springs mineral pools
Give us a call for more information! 250-347-2323
*Packages available on 2 night stays from December 6, 2013 to April 20, 2014. Additional Adult, Youth, and Junior lift tickets and pool passes available at an additional cost, ask us for more information. Must mention package at time of booking. Not available in conjunction with other specials and offers.
Top Ten Winter Activities in the Columbia Valley
1. Ski or Snowboard at Panorama or Fairmont Ski Resorts
2. Go for a Snowmobile Tour with Toby Creek Adventures
3. Go on a Heli-Ski Trip with RK Heli-Ski
4. Soak and relax in the Radium Hot Springs mineral pools
5. Cross-Country Ski or Snowshoe on the Windermere Lake Whiteway
6. Ice Skate for miles on the Windermere Lake Whiteway
7. Enjoy one of the Valley’s many winter events like the annual Bonspeil on the Lake
8. Go shopping in Downtown Invermere, check out all the cute shops and boutiques!
9. Wine and Dine at one of the Valley’s fabulous restaurants like Strands Old House Restaurant…yummy carbonara!
10. Enjoy the amazing New Years Eve Fireworks display on the Springs Golf Course in Radium Hot Springs
Come out to the beautiful Columbia Valley and you are sure to have a good time! Give us a call if you have any questions or if you would like to book your winter vacation today 1-877-344-2323.
-Katie, Director of Sales & Marketing
It’s Fall and that means the Bighorn Sheep are visiting on a daily basis! Here are a few facts you may not have known about these impressive mammals:
- Rocky Mountain Bighorns inhabit the mountains from Canada to New Mexico.
- They are relatives to goats and have balance-aiding split hooves for natural grip.
- They have very keen vision.
- Average Life Span – 6 to 15 Years.
- Lambs are born on high secluded ledges, away from predators like coyotes, cougars, and wolves.
- Rams mainly live in bachelor groups unless its mating season.
- Rams horns can weigh up to 30lbs, more than all the bones in his body combined!
- Females also have horns but they are much smaller in size.
- The rams horns are a symbol of status and a weapon used in epic battles during mating season. Fighting for dominance or mating rights, males face each other, rear up on their hind legs, and hurl themselves at each other in charges of some 20 miles (32 kilometers) an hour. The resounding clash of horns can be heard echoing through the mountains as the confrontation is repeated—sometimes for many hours—until one ram submits and walks away.
We hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving weekend! If you are going to be in the Columbia Valley, check out some of these events:
October 11 at 7:00 p.m.: Canadian Jazz singer Jaclyn Guillou will be performing at Strands. Tickets $10 at the door, call 250-342-6344 for reservations.
October 11 & 12: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters will be playing at the Toby Theatre in Invermere.
October 12: Columbia Valley Ski Swap at the Invermere Community Hall, Register gear to sell at 9am. Doors open at noon. For more information, call Jenny Hoffos at 250-342-3819.
October 12: Annual Fall Show at Bavin’s Glassworks, Glass blowing demo at 7:30pm. Show continues all weekend. For more details, call 250-342-6816.
October 13th: Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner at Helna’s Stube, call 250-347-0047 for reservations.
Fall is a great time to visit the Valley, the Radium Hot Springs Pools are open from 9am to 11pm until October 14th and the Bighorn Sheep are back in town and you can see them daily throughout Radium or on the Springs Golf Course.