Columbia Valley 2020 Gift Guide
Although this year may look a little different, the arrival of the holiday season can still evoke a sense of joy and wonder. The smell of crisp pine, freshly baked goods, and even the odd eggnog can only mean one thing: Christmas is coming. This year, more than ever, it is important to consider shopping locally for your holiday gifts.
In the Columbia Valley, it’s especially easy to support local thanks to a diverse selection of local creators and experiences. We’ve put together your ultimate holiday inspiration guide, with all of our favourite things that you can find in the community.
- Choose a pre-packaged gift box bundle from Taynton Bay Spirits.
- Purchase an assortment of local chocolates from Wild Mountain Chocolate.
- Build a charcuterie with local meat and cheese from Hopkins Harvest.
- Gift a beer experience! Give a growler and a beer glass from Arrowhead Brewery.
- Purchase a Gift Certificate to one of our local restaurants for a loved one to enjoy take-out.
- Grab some sweet treats from Olde Thyme Candy Shoppe.
Treat your loved ones to something they’ve never done before! Give the gift or memories, instead of material items. Whether they like the gentler side of nature or an adrenaline-filled day, there are plenty of tour options to help explore our area like never before.
- Zig-zag across the Dry Gulch Valley with a gift certificate to Valley Zipline Adventures .
- Float through a power-filled playground with a snowmobile tour with Toby Creek Adventures.
- Give an alpine experience at Panorama Mountain Resort to put towards skiing or snowboarding.
- Purchase a gift card for a kayaking trip with Columbia River Paddle for you and a loved one.
- Enjoy a day of cross-country skiing through a vast network of trails at Nipika Mountain Resort.
Instead of gifting a department store bath kit, consider a truly authentic spa experience, like a dip in Radium Hot Springs, a professional massage, or even a relaxing stay. What’s best of all, is these can be booked or redeemed at a future date!
Essential oils, gelato, locally designed apparel, mugs thrown by local potters; these are just some of the many delights you can find in-store or online from many valley-based artisans.
- Purchase t-shirt, hoodie or hat from Kootenay Clothing Co.
- Locally Curated Art from Black Star Studios (they also have art kits available that make great stocking stuffers for the littles in your life)
- Choose a pre-packaged Bundle from Om Organics for the ultimate home spa experience.
- Grab a bag of micro-roasted fair-trade coffee from Stolen Church or Rose Bros Coffee.
With online shopping, curb-side pick-up and socially distanced in-person shopping – it’s easy to check off everyone on your list. Please consider supporting local businesses this holiday season. We’re all in this together.