Fall Top 10 from a Local
Fall is almost here and it’s the season for adventure AND relaxation in Radium Hot Springs, BC!
Find out from a local the top 10 things to do this Fall from our Guest Services Manager, Julia, who grew up in the Columbia Valley…
- Golfing – Bighorn Meadows Resort is surrounded by 36 holes of golf and more! Enjoy the spectacular mountain views at either the Springs or Radium Golf Course. My Favorite hole on the Springs Course is #18, you can’t beat the stunning views overlooking the wetlands! For more info, visit: www.radiumgolf.ca
- Kootenay National Park – Time to check out this iconic National park! Kootenay National Park is only a short 20 minute drive from Bighorn Meadows Resort. You will not be disappointed in these breathtaking views in our backyard! To find out more information, click here.
- Hike the Sinclair Creek Trail – This is a family friendly hike that everyone can enjoy! Start at the Radium Hot Springs pools and enjoy the view of the entire valley from on top of Sinclair Canyon. Relax and enjoy the scenery near the falls at the bottom before you make your way back up through the canyon on the juniper trail. I can guarantee that this is the best view in the Valley! For more info, click here.
- White Swan / Lussier Natural Hot Springs – Travel south to past Canal Flats and turn on the White Swan forestry road, just minutes from the highway you’ll be able to enjoy the breathtaking views that this area has to offer. Choose from multiple natural springs to sit in next to the river while taking it all in! For more info, click here.
- Kayaking with Columbia River Paddle – Spend a leisurely day on the Columbia River in a kayak or canoe while exploring the wetlands and fantastic views. Learn the history of the mighty river from knowledgeable and friendly guides. Make sure you pack a picnic and take a pit-stop on one of the many sandbars. Visit www.columbiariverpaddle.com for more info.
- Downtown Invermere – Nothing to do on a cool fall day? Take a walk down main street Invermere and browse through over 20 shops, cafes or restaurants. One of my favorite stops is Inspire Boutique as they offer a wide variety of flowers, souvenirs, gifts and more!
- Columbia Valley Classic Show and Shine – This show happens the 3rd weekend in September every year! Get the opportunity to see over 1,000 classic and antique cars on display on the Springs Golf Course Driving range. Click here for more information.
- Invermere Oktoberfest – Take advantage of this once a year event hosted in the heart of downtown Invermere on September 28th. This event is fun for the whole family which includes live entertainment and beer garden and much more. View more information here.
- Ziplining with Valley Zipline Adventures – Enjoy 7 ziplines while being surrounded by the beauty of the Columbia Valley Wetlands and Purcell Mountain Range. Valley Zip is located in the Dry Gulch Valley and is opened seasonally between April-October. My favorite zipline is #7 as it is the fastest and you can race your friend to the end!
- Arrowhead Brewery – Spend some time in the 1950’s taproom while sampling all that Arrowhead Brewery has to offer! They have a wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and a variety of snacks from local businesses.
These are our Top 10 Things To Do when you visit Radium Hot Springs this Fall. There are many more, so make sure to book a room today to discover all that this beautiful area has to offer.