Whether you ski or snowboard, snowmobile or snowshoe; the Columbia Valley has something to satisfy all your winter sports needs. Radium Hot Springs is located in the heart of the Columbia Valley, do you know what that means? Mountains! All around you as far as the eye can see there are beautiful glorious snow covered mountains.
Which also means many amazing ski hills to choose from within an hour drive including:
Panorama Mountain Resort
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Kimberley Alpine Resort
These resorts combine to over 10,000 acres of options and hundreds of runs. They also provide you with a variety of lifts from green to black and you will never run out of options.
In the heart of the valley there are tons of beautiful snow covered meadows that would be there perfect place to cross country ski. We have many people who get out and take a group together to trek across the land.
If you like the idea of travelling by foot, then strap on a backpack and some snowshoes because there are hectors of untouched land just waiting to be discovered. The benefits of snowshoeing it that everything is at your own pace and the spikes in the shoes allow you to climb high with a safe amount of grip.
If you are a little bit more of a thrill seeker and you want to go a bit faster then there are a couple of great options the Columbia Valley has to offer you.
- Tubing is fun, fast and great for the whole family. People of all ages and walks of life can enjoy it and it always is a good time.
- Skiing is a classic winter sport that has been around for ages. Whether you are a beginner or advanced, you can catch some good speeds and manoeuvre well around the moguls.
- Snowboarding is much like skiing but with one thick board and both of your feet are strapped to it. You may bump your knees a couple of times trying to figure it out but once you get carving you will never want to stop.
- The newest addition to the non motorized speedy snow apparatuses is call the “Snowskate” now many people may not have heard about this yet but I am seeing more and more on the mountains. Think of it as a modified skateboard that can now be used on the snow. Apparently it is very difficult but those who do well on it sure leave a lasting impression.
- Last but certainly not least is enjoying the roar of the mighty snowmobile, the engine is powerful, terrain may be tough, but there is nothing they can’t handle.
So now that you have learned a little bit about the different options of snow activities, now is the time to plan your next trip. Get all of your snow buddies together, pack up your gear and get ready for the best season ever! There’s only one place to stay and that’s at Bighorn Meadows Resort, book your stay today.